I often think about how we try to fix our “food” issues with another “food” solution.
It doesn’t work.
What I mean is that if we are not happy with our weight or our food choices, we turn to another diet. We try to control the food. We then think about what we can and can’t eat all day long. We log everything, we focus on what we can and can’t eat…all day long.
Is it working? It didn’t for me!! Oh, I tried….
I was a diet pro! I had every book, every program, every food list…and guess what?
It didn’t work.
I put 100% of my strength into fixing my food issue on my own – but it still didn’t work. So…
- I realized I couldn’t fix my food problem with food.
- I needed to LOOK UP!
- I needed to look elsewhere.
- I needed to look at my emotional connection to what food was doing for me.
- I needed a DIFFERENT solution.
The result? Freedom! Freedom from the guilt and the rules that I couldn’t follow for 10 years. Instead, I started THINKING differently:
- I would ask myself things like:
- What is this food doing for me?
- How is this food I am about to eat going to make me feel?
- If I eat one of these (or 10) – will I feel guilt in an hour?
- WHY am I wanting to stuff my face at this moment?
- What is really going on that is driving me to want to eat the whole pantry and fridge and anything else I can find?
When I started being honest with those questions AND my answers – I started healing. I realized my emotions were driving me to overeat or make crazy choices. Therefore, when I started looking deeply into my emotions and working to fix those – I didn’t want to turn to food. Because food didn’t work.
I believe that every woman has some sort of “food issue”. We all think about it, we all work to control it, and we all want a fix. I am here to tell you – our STRENGTH needs to be directed UP on HIM and on finding what is really behind the food struggle.
We can’t fix our food problem with a food solution.
God can and will help us fix our food problem with focusing up on Him, and answering the tough questions that have gotten us where we are today. Trust me. It works. It’s not a quick fix. It can be tough to sort through some of the emotions.
However, the FREEDOM it brings is worth it.
We can be the same in a year, or better – it is our decision! We need to look for a new solution. A solution NOT involving food!!
Read more about our Listen and Lose system on our website and various YouTube vidoes!!